|Medicherla Krishna Mohan, Ph D
Dr Krishna Mohan has a Masters and Doctoral degree in microbiology from G B Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar. Just after completing PhD he joined Tata Energy Research Institute, and has been associated with the Microbial Biotechnology group in various capacities for over a decade. He has been a member of an International group that worked on innovative bioprocesses for energy generation from solid wastes. He was also involved in designing an UASB reactor for treating the liquid wastes of a food-processing unit. He was an active member of the much-acclaimed TERI project on GREEN INDIA 2047. He has worked as consultant to public as well as private sector organizations for their solid waste management programs. Since 1997 he has been with the biotechnology group at BISR. Continuing the environmental mitigation work he handled a project on decolorization of textile dye effluents. He was actively involved in microbial exopolysaccharide production technology, its demonstration and transfer of technical know-how to a private sector company. Presently he is involved in assessing Microbial Biodiversity of salt lakes and deserts following the principles of polyphasic taxonomy and still keeps his interest alive on lignin biodegradation. He co-edited a book on Wealth from waste. He has been one of the editors of Indian Journal of Microbiology from 1993-1996.
- Transcriptome profiling reveals association of peripheral adipose tissue pathology with type-2 diabetes in asian Indians. Adipocyte. (2019) Vol 8: 125-136. DOI: 10.1080/21623945.2019.1595269
- Molecular dynamics insights on the role β-augmentation of the peptide N-terminus with binding site β-hairpin of proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin 9. Chem. Biol Drug Des. (2019) Vol 94: 2073-2083. DOI: 10.1111/cbdd.13612
- Systems Genomics of Thigh Adipose Tissue from Asian Indian Type-2 Diabetics Revealed Distinct Protein Interaction Hubs. Front. Genet. (2019) doi.org/10.3389/fgene.2018.00679.
- Whole exome sequencing reveals rare variants linked to congenital pouch colon. Scientific Reports. (2018) 8:6646 DOI:10.1038/s41598-018-24967-y
- Dielectric Barrier Discharge based Mercury-free plasma UV-lamp for efficient water disinfection. (2017) Scientific Reports 7(1) DOI 10.1038/s41598-017-17455-2
- Histopathological and Immunohistochemical Findings in Congenital Pouch Colon: A Prospective Study. (2017) Pathobiology. DOI: 10.1159/000460821
- Prevalence of E. coli O157:H7 in water sources: an overview on associated diseases, outbreaks and detection methods. (2015) Diagnostic Microbiol. and Infect. Dis., 82:249 – 264.
- Detection of Mutations in TERT, the Genes for Telomerase Reverse Transcriptase, in Indian Patients of Aplastic Anaemia : A Pilot Study. (2014) Journal of the \Aassociation of Physicians of India. vol 62: 13-17
- Statistical optimization of medium components to increase the manganese peroxidase productivity by Phanerochaete chrysosporium NCIM 1197. (2013) Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering, 18(6): 1176 – 1184.
- Polyphasic characterization of cyanobacteria isolated from desert crusts, and the description of Desertifilum tharense gen. et sp. nov. (Oscillatoriales). (2012) Phycologia Volume 51 (3): 260–270.