|Prashant Suravajhala, PhD
He is a systems biologist and has obtained his PhD from Aalborg University, Denmark and he went on to gain more than 7 years of postdoctoral experience across four different laboratories before joining BISR in 2016. He has interests exploring the known unknown regions in the human genome, primarily working on the top-down systems biology approaches of hypothetical proteins. His current projects include deciphering the variants responsible for Cancer Prostate in India and dissecting Vitamin K transcriptomes. Over the last five years, he has developed an interest in long noncoding RNAs in humans, elucidating the mechanisms underpinning small molecular interactions through clinical exomes.
- Methodology: Ijaq J, Malik G, Kumar A, Das PS, Meena N, Bethi N, Sundararajan VS, Suravajhala P. A model to predict the function of hypothetical proteins through a nine-point classification scoring schema. BMC Bioinformatics. 2019 Jan 8;20(1):14.
- Research: Gupta S, Gupta N, Tiwari P, Menon S, Mathur P, Kothari SL, Nallapeta S, Medicherla KM, Suravajhala P. Lnc-EPB41-Protein Interactions Associated with Congenital Pouch Colon. Biomolecules. 2018 Sep 17;8(3).
- Web server: Sundararajan VS, Malik G, Ijaq J, Kumar A, Das PS, Shidhi PR, Nair AS, Dhar PK and Suravajhala P. HYPO: A database of hypothetical human proteins. Protein Pept Lett. 2018 Aug 27.
- Research: Mathur P, Medicherla KM, Chaudhary S, Patel M, Bagali S and Suravajhala P. Whole Exome Sequencing reveals rare variants linked to Congenital Pouch Colon. Scientific Reports. 2018: 8:6646.
- Research: Suravajhala P, Benso A. Prioritizing single-nucleotide polymorphisms and variants associated with clinical mastitis. Adv Appl Bioinform Chem. 2017 Jun 12;10:57-64.
- Research: Dashtban M, Balafar M, Suravajhala P.Gene selection for tumor classification using a novel bio-inspired multi -objective approach. Genomics. 2017 Aug 3. pii: S0888-7543(17)30067 -8.
- Review: Suravajhala P, Kogelman LJ, Kadarmideen HN. Multi-omic data integration and analysis using systems genomics approaches: Methods and application in animal production, and health and welfare. Genetics, Selection and Evolution. 2016: 48:38. Highly accessed and featured review.
- Research: Suravajhala P, Kogelman LJ, Mazzoni G, Kadarmideen HN. Potential role of lncRNA cyp2c91-protein interactions on diseases of the immune system. Front Genet. 2015 Jul 28;6:255. doi: 10.3389/fgene.2015.00255. eCollection 2015. PubMed PMID: 26284111.
- Protocol: Prashanth Suravajhala, Jeffrey W Bizzaro: A Conceptual Outline for ‘Omics Experiments Using Bioinformatics Analogies. Bioprotocol. 01/2015;
- Book: Prashanth Suravajhala. Your passport to a career in Bioinformatics. 2013. Springer Singapore