|Raj Kumar Gothwal, Ph D
He has obtained his Masters Degree from Agricultural University, Bikaner and PhD from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi in Biotechnology. His research interest is in applied microbiology, microbial enzymes and microbial diversity. He has reported several thermo-tolerant hyper-chitinase producing bacteria from the hot desert ecological settings that have the potential of producing therapeutic molecules of industrial significance. He has experience of dissecting diversity patterns of thermo-tolerant phosphate solubilizing bacteria in important phosphate mines. He has completed several DBT, DST and ICFRE sponsored research projects. He still keeps his interest alive in plant-microbial interactions as a holobiont and host-adapted microorganisms, and enzymes of industrial importance. He is co-cordinating the BISR training programmes.
- Bio-management of Fusarium spp. associated with pulse crops. In: Food security and plant disease management, (Ed.) S. Droby and A. Kumar, First-Edition, Elsevier (In Press), 2020.
- Capparis decidua (Forssk.) Edgew (Syn.: Capparis aphylla Roth) (Family: Capparaceae). In: Bioactives and Pharmacology of Medicinal plants, (Ed.) Pullaiah T., Apple Academic Press, USA and distributed by CRC press of Taylor & Francis, 2020.
- Bioactivation of Jhamarkotra rock phosphate by a thermotolerant phosphate solubilizing bacterium Bacillus sp. BISR-HY63 isolated from phosphate mines. Arch. Agron. Soil Sci., 2015, 61 (8): 1125-1135.
- Isolation and characterization of thermo-tolerant phosphate-solubilizing bacteria from a phosphate mine and their rock phosphate solubilizing abilities. Geomicrobiol. J., 2015, 32 (6): 475-481.
- Production and purification of a hyperthermostable chitinase from Brevibacillus formosus BISR-1 isolated from the Great Indian Desert soils. Extremophiles, 2014, 18 (2): 451-462.
- Chitinase production by a newly isolated thermotolerant Paenibacillus sp. BISR-047. Ann. Microbiol., 2014, 64 (2): 787-797.
- Biodiversity in India: Assessment, Scope and Conservation, (Ed.) Nehra S., Gothwal R. K. and Ghosh P., Lambert Academic Publishing (LAP), Germany, 2014.
- Optimization of culture conditions for phosphate solubilization by a thermo-tolerant phosphate-solubilizing bacterium Brevibacillus sp. BISR-HY65 isolated from phosphate mines. Biocatal. Agric. Biotechnol., 2013, 2 (3): 217-225.
- Screening of nitrogen fixers from rhizospheric bacterial isolates associated with important desert plants. Appl. Ecol. Environ. Res., 2008, 6 (2): 101-109.
- Extraction of bulk DNA from Thar Desert soils for optimization of PCR-DGGE based microbial community analysis. Electron. J. Biotechnol., 2007, 10 (3): 400-408.